Black Screen after PRAM reset

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mediapirate, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mediapirate macrumors member

I have a small problem which I can't seem to resolve. I wiped the drive on my MBP in Linux "Fdisk" to install Linux only. I rebooted the machine to install from the Livecd but after reboot the screen was blank. I performed a PRAM reset and still the screen is blank. The odd thing is, I hear the boot sound and it will boot the LiveCD into Linux fine. My question is how come there's no longer a grey screen and why is the screen black until Grub loads? I tried inserting my Leopard CD to boot from it but the screen remains black. I can only boot to a Linux LiveCD. Is there a way to fix this problem? If I look at the HD in linux it's blank (No partitiions) so I'm assuming since the 200MB boot EFI is gone this is why it's blank until the LiveCD starts. If so, how can I re-create this partition using my Leopard CD? I would at some point want to put Leopard back on this drive.

Thanks, MP

2. rajbirdhalla macrumors newbie

i seem to have the same problem , i did a PRAM reset and now my mac shows black screen . I dont know what to do , any idea. did u figure out??