Black screen after unplugging HDMI - Pls Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tatzo, Aug 16, 2011.

1. tatzo macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2011

I am a newbie on this forum and also I am new to my new macbook pro too.

My problem is about my hdmi connection. I bought the original adaptor of mac and connected to my LG tv. I used it for about 2 days without a problem. When it came to unplug it, I lost the display on my macbook screen.

I tried to change the display settings by repulggin it through my TV monitor. I was messing around with the display settings until I turned on "mirror" icon and all screen went off. Now the only thing I can see on the TV monitor is a startup galaxy wallpaper of mac. Maybe what I need is to find a shortcut key to switch the screens but I could not find it on the internet.

Please help me out on this, I want my macbook screen back. I am getting reallly frustrated.

2. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2003
    Gone to the Beach
    Have you tried unplugging the HDMI connector from the computer and restarting?
  3. tatzo thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2011
    yes I unplugged everything and restarted but nothing changes.

If I could at least see desktop on tv I would have changed the display settings and such. but it does not work. I thought of finding another external screen and try in out but I only have the tv at home
  4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

May 11, 2009
    Can you plug it back into the TV and see the desktop and such? Maybe try changing the resolution settings then?
  5. tatzo thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2011