Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

finsky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Hey

I read on some forums that it was possible to use winpwn to get your touch to 2.x, pwning your touch. I thought, great now I can get good apps so I did it.
In the middle of installation it says in the log: "Ipod has lost recovery mode".
And there I go unplug the pod to restart and try again but the screen is black, I can't do anything.

Tried to just plug it in to comp, no respons from iTunes, tried normal start, nothing..Thought DFU mode would work, but no, it doesn't respond to anything... Screen is just black!!

What can I do, or is there even anything to do now, seems like a major failure..

//finsky

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
more details would be nice.

1st or 2nd gen ipod touch?
did you update to official ipsw before using?
what were your exact steps you took?
are you using a mac? if so what version?

finsky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Its a 1gen touch and im using windows(xp) for the pwning.

I downloaded the winpwn and started it. I followed the help steps you get with the program. So I used 1.1.4fw on touch, I dont know why I had to do it at first, cause that was what I had anyways. So it loaded it, and then i started pwning. It did the RAM stuff in the log and it started transfering it to pod, then it said in the log that i lost recovery mode. Nothing else did happen so I plugged the touch off from USB to restart it and try again, but then I just got a black screen whatever I did.

But I was able to get it recovered now, I had to download iTunes 7.5(old version), take away the iTunes Library.itl file and change USB port, then I did the DFU and I got it to work. Just rebooted it. Gotta jailbreak it again.

Thx for showing interest andy.

//finsky

ps. Did I do something wrong with the pwning? What is that official ipsw? The 1.1.4 firmware from Appel?
Add my mail oboy_999@hotmail.com or just write here TY!

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
glas to see your back on a stable firmware, you should look into upgrading to the latest version 2.2.1 all the repos for 1.1.4 have died off and everyone is concentrating on 2.x...... not sure if I can share a link on here for firmware so I will PM you ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.