Black screen = bricked????

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by McNasty, Oct 3, 2008.

1. McNasty macrumors member

I'm trying to pwn another iPhone using iTunes 8 and Pwnage Tool 2.1. When I plug the iPhone in, the computer recognizes it and iTunes brings it up by the screen is blank and I can't turn it off or anything! Help please!

2. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Is the phone normal when you don't have it plugged in? My screen went black on me one time and I had to hold the home button and sleep/wake button for almost 30 seconds before the Apple logo came up.

Try that and see what happens.

3. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

4. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

5. McNasty thread starter macrumors member

I was in DFU mode but couldn't sync and couldn't restart/turn it off. I left it alone for a few hours, restarted the computer, and restored it with no problem. Thank you everybody for helping me out!

6. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Do you mean you let the battery deplete, right? (Just in case it ever happens to me)

7. McNasty thread starter macrumors member

No, I actually had to leave to a wedding for a few hours so I just left it plugged into my computer in dfu mode. I came back and restarted the computer, the tried to restore to a normal .ipsw. Once that worked I put it back in dfu mode and re-restored with the custom .ipsw I had made earlier. Worked like a charm. Wish it would have done that during the 3 hours earlier...