Black screen no chime

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Danwilderspin, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Danwilderspin macrumors newbie

You may have seen my other post where I talk about swapping out the displays from an 8,1 imac to a 7,1 well I went ahead and swapped over the screens ( and while at it the dvd drive too as the 2008 was a bit better)

so first of all I put back together the 'bad' mac (with the fans spinning and suspected bad logic board).

I fired it up and still with the fans spinning she booted up fine straight into Yosemite albeit with a slightly yellowy screen so I was happy at this point...

This is where it goes wrong

So then I reassembled my 7,1 with the odd and display from my 8,1 that id swapped...

Now it doesn't boot or chime, just the fans spin at a slow speed I only have 3 leds of the 4 lit as well

I then read online this could be a psu fault... its not as I stole that from the otherone to test...

Im at a real loss as to what to do now from having two decent imacs less than a week ago I have none any help would be great?

2. Danwilderspin thread starter macrumors newbie

Just swapped the graphics cards between the 8,1 and 7,1 8,1 boots just fine 7,1 just has the 3 leds on it still :( im really stuck I don't know whats left except the logic board but I don't understand how I could break it by disconnecting just the lcd tem sensor and the lvds cable :(

Now I have two imacs by the looks of it both with bad logic boards :( any ideas what else I could try?

Thanks in advance

Oh yea and now I have put it all back to how it started this morning and still no dice :(