Black Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stumpinho, Jul 17, 2010.

1. stumpinho macrumors newbie

My iphone 3GS on 3.1.2 jailbroken is giving me the black screen of death.

No response by holding power and home buttons, although it is recognised by the computer (usb noise) but not in itunes so i cant restore.

Suggestions?

2. menist macrumors regular

menist

3. stumpinho thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that several times. Its just not working.

The PC recognizes it as a device, although itunes doesnt. I cant get it into either DFU or recovery mode. Nothing is on the screen...

4. ichii macrumors 6502a

ichii

i'm having the same issue, was trying to install android on mines. I tried to get to restore mode by holding down the power and home button. Now it's just a black screen :mad:

5. mailme83s macrumors newbie

Iphone 3GS 3.1.3 got stuck at black screen

Hi,
    I have the same problem, I jailbreak my iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with spirit after reset it worked fine for few minutes and then went off. it is now completely off, I tried everything but it is not coming up, it is detected by the itunes in the recovery mode.When I am restoring it with itunes it is giving this error" The iPhone couldn't be restored, the device is not eligible for this build"
    Please help I am stuck with this phone.
    Regards

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Apple is no longer signing installation requests for any version of iOS other than 4.0.1. Unless you have your SHSH saved, you cannot restore to 3.1.3.

7. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Your only option is to update to 4.0.1. You will have to jailbreak once the new Spirit comes out, which shouldn't be long.

8. ichii macrumors 6502a

ichii

I did the hold power and home for 10sec
    then let go of power and keeping holding down the home button til the phone gets recognize on iTunes - around another 10-15 sec.
    Then it should be in recovery mode and ask you to restore and update. I just hold the shift-key (Windows) select the firmware 3.1.2 and restore

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It's a 3GS, there is no restoring to 3.1.2, only 4.0.1. This is why it's telling you that it is not eligible for the requested build.

10. mailme83s macrumors newbie

Thanks for the comment, can I downgrade to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 without SHSH.
    Regards

11. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

No, you can only downgrade if you have your SHSH blobs signed for the 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 firmware. And it's too late now to save them.

12. mailme83s macrumors newbie

Thanks, You know when i am restoring it to 4.0.1, the screen becomes white and it give error 28. I tried it on three different PCs but same error is there. I even tried to put my firewall settings off but no luck. Can you please advise.

Regards