Black Screen Of Doom

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by datruerussian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. datruerussian macrumors newbie

my phone is in the black screen with the apple logo. I am running version 1.1.2 and i upgraded to 1.1.3 While i was using ziphone gui i canceled and stopped the process and it put my phone into that screen. If someone can please help me or email me with some help plz.
    Datru3russian@gmail.com
    Any help is greatly appreciated

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

do you have another computer you can use? this is the method i used:

used 2nd laptop
    downloaded iTunes 7.5
    made sure i deleted all old files, and quicktime was up to date.
    then did a restore, and bam that was it.

took me about 3 hours to figure this out tonight. you can do it on your main computer, but you have to delete EVERYTHING out of iTunes, and didnt want to risk getting rid of my previous restore.

3. datruerussian thread starter macrumors newbie

thank u so much i will try that if not u got any other suggestions? maybe a link to ibricker?

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

i've never used any of those programs, but my method should work as it did for me.

I tried rerunning the ZiPhone method, so many different ways and nothing work. I let it sit there while it "loaded" nothing worked. I googled error 6 which that would come up when i tried to restore, and i got results of iTunes not being able to restore because of 1.1.1 and 7.6 iTunes, so i downgraded iTunes and downloaded the 1.1.1 firmware, and i didn't even need the firmware, just the 7.5 itunes fixed it.

Let me know if you have success :)

5. datruerussian thread starter macrumors newbie

still it didnt work im desperate any other ideas? maybe ibricker i cant find it on the internet.

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

it's ibrickr not ibricker which could be why you couldn't find it in google