Black screen on Bootcamp Install

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bb426, Aug 26, 2011.

1. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

I think I finally cursed myself.

I got a black screen after I reboot to install Windows 7, after the BC assistant. A while ago, I responded to somebody's thread about this issue saying that I've never seen it before. Now I have, and I feel like an idiot, as the medicine that I prescribed to the OP of that thread did not work for me.

I have a feeling it has to do with my setup, the fact that I removed the Superdrive and put in the Optibay. Still...

Anyone know a way around this other than having to swap out the Optibay once again?

Here's what I have done and noticed:

-SMC+PRAM reset=no go
    -Verify Volume+disk perms=no go
    -Redo BC assistant and delete partition and re-create it=no go
    -It DOES boot into the Bootcamp partition to install, because when I unattached the Superdrive it asks to insert a bootable drive and press any key. Though it doesn't do anything when I do so.
    -When I press option at startup, it does find the disk in the ext. Superdrive and it does boot into it, but it just shows a black screen and after about a minute or two it stops spinning.
    -I have tried multiple GENUINE M$ disks (even ones I have made myself from download), same result

If nothing, then no big. Parallels works fine, but has frequent beach balls since my SSD is problematic ATM (Native Bootcamp W7 will not hang on my SSD). Just trying to boot W7 (somewhat) natively for development.

2. bb426 thread starter macrumors 6502

bb426