Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Finished the flash site today. Trying to get it up on the web using cyberduck. All my files seem to be in the appropriate place/folder. But now on safari it is just coming up as an all black screen. No image, just all black. Firefox is still showing the scratch (old test) site. No update on firefox at all. :confused:
Could this be a result of my html file?? am i missing something??

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Are you sure you uploaded the main.swf file? I'm getting a 404 error when trying to access it.

phadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
I dont think i got the main.swf in there. I had three files total that i uploaded. gv.fla, gv.swf, and gv.html

the main.swf file still needed?

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I dont think i got the main.swf in there. I had three files total that i uploaded. gv.fla, gv.swf, and gv.html

the main.swf file still needed?

Well the source code I can see points to it in the JavaScript.

Code:
} else {
		AC_FL_RunContent(
			'codebase', 'http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0',
			'width', '100%',
			'height', '100%',
			'src', '[B][COLOR="Red"]main[/COLOR][/B]',
			'quality', 'high',
			'pluginspage', 'http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer',
			'align', 'middle',
			'play', 'true',
			'loop', 'true',
			'scale', 'noscale',
			'wmode', 'window',
			'devicefont', 'false',
			'id', 'main',
			'bgcolor', '#000000',
			'name', 'main',
			'menu', 'true',
			'allowFullScreen', 'false',
			'allowScriptAccess','sameDomain',
			'movie', 'main',
			'salign', ''
			); //end AC code

<param name="movie" value="[B][COLOR="Red"]main.swf[/COLOR][/B]" />

phadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
sorry for all the questions here. still learning as i go.
how did you open the source code for that? and can i change the 'main' and main.swf to the file name that i am using now just by going into the js file?

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
For Firefox under the View menu there's a View Source option. Yes, you can just open the JavaScript files and make your updates. The pieces I highlighted are actually in the HTML file itself rather than separate JavaScript files.

phadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
my html had all the correct current gv file names so I didnt make any changes to that. Im not sure why firefox is not updating anything at all and still showing the old main scene. Safari updated..but only to an all black page (showing that 404 error). I couldnt find any code with the old 'main' file in js.

wow my head is spinning from confusion..

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Have you uploaded anything else? I'm still seeing the same source as before and no mentions of gv.fla (or.swf) anywhere. Make sure you uploaded things to the correct folder. I tried typing in the gv.swf file name directly into the location bar of the browser and it couldn't find that file.

phadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Here is a screen cap from cyberduck attached. Folders and files I thought were all in the correct place, unless you see something that shouldn't be??

I haven't uploaded anything new other than the fla, swf, and html files. Im not sure why firefox is not catching the updated files and keeping the old main file.

Attachments

• Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    455.5 KB · Views: 62

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Things look OK there, though can't tell what's inside the index.html file. The gv file didn't work for me earlier because you didn't mention the entire file name. For some reason it seems Cyberduck may think when uploading the index file that the current one is already new enough. Try deleting the index file on the web host through Cyberduck and reupload your file.

phadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
here is the index file open. ill try and delete then reupload that to see if it works

Attachments

• Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    466.3 KB · Views: 76

phadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
hmmm... just getting the index page showing up now on safari and firefox

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
hmmm... just getting the index page showing up now on safari and firefox

You uploaded the file to the Index folder rather than the root folder. I don't think you need that Index folder at all unless you were just using it for testing. The file you uploaded there does have the gv... files in the source though.

phadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
figured it out. wow. so simple and i missed it so many times. my index was labeled indexgv (just for memory purposes when i saved it). changed it over to index and BOOM! site works.
Took out some things on the site to redo over the next few days.

Thanks angelwatt for the help! Always appreciated :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.