Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bluisnblklungs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Hi,
I have a a White MacBook 2.4, 4gbs of ram, 160gb hd, running osx 10.5.5. Last night i was typing a paper in openoffice, listening to some music in itunes (i do store on all my music on an external idk if that has anything to do with it) i had flock open as well along with stickies. I was spell checking my paper and all the sudden i get the spinning beach ball then my screen went black the my music stopped. then the screen came back on but for like 15 secs or so it was glitchie then it seemed to be fine after that. Then 20mins later it did it again so i shut my computer down it seems to fine today it started up just as fast as it always does and no problems knock on wood. Any ideas of what caused this or anything? i dont want this to happen again.
Thanks,
Eric

Bluisnblklungs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
No i am not using a notebook cooler, but it was on a hard surface and hadn't been on that long so i don't think that it was that. i called apple yesterday just to as if they knew they had no idea. so i am going to keep an eye on everything including the heat.
Thanks
Eric

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.