black screen randomly 16gb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SilentLoner, Mar 6, 2008.

1. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I get a black screen if I get a text message etc while surfing. Its random when it happens. Its backlight is on but no icons are shown or anything. I am visiting my parents where a apple store is (trafford centre uk) and I am going to call in and ask for a exchange. Will they do this if I do not have the box etc? I have restored several times from back up and from not. Please advise.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I doubt the Apple store will actually issue you a replacement refund without the box being there. The receipt is a given, obviously, and they may ask for a 10% re-stocking fee.

R-Fly

3. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 8gb: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

how many time have you droped the thing?

Have you tried restoring through iTunes or have you simply held the hold and home buttons at the same time?

Just things you may want to try as it will propubly take the same amount of time to completely blank and refill your iPhone as it does to get to the store.

4. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I got the phone from apple online and I have never dropped the phone and I have restored it via itunes (latest version) several times. Apple uk iphone support said that if I took it back to a apple store they would issue a replacement on the spot. If I mention this to the apple store would they confirm I have raised the issue? It will be hard to prove in the store and is happens randomly? I have o2 insurance and I have had it a month so I will be pissed if I get a refurb and I need the phone so a exchange will annoy me.

5. brucebrendon macrumors regular

16gb iPhone Sensitivity issue

I had to take my 14day old 16gb iPhone back to the o2 shop on monday as the bottom 10mm(ish) of the screen failed to respond, so no calls, texts, safari... oh yeah or iPod (it also seemed to be getting ever slower too).

no, not dropped (or jail broken) either.

i hope it's gonna be back soon this Nokia is pony, but ah retro snake!
    (these podcasts are beginning to stack up!)

which will come first, replaced iPhone or iPhone2...?

6. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Did you have insurance with o2? I want to know if I would get a replacement phone as I have iPhone insurance

7. brucebrendon macrumors regular

i have ZERO insurance. insurance only comes into play if i break, lose (get robbed) or after the 12months that a manufaturererer offers on a new product. The product is simply faulty so i returned it.