Black screen when built and run? white screen when simulate interface?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by pcs are junk, Jan 17, 2010.

1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

hi guys, as some of you may have read, i was working on an iphone app, and i had a few errors. i fixed those now as i realized my mistakes. any way, now theres another problem. when i click build and run in xcode, it loads the app onto the iphone simulator, but the app is just black. also when i click simulate interface on interface builder, it loads the simulator, but it shows up white. can anybody help me out with this? do you need to see my code? i am so close to being finished with the app, and i really need some help here. thanks!

2. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Does your view contain anything ? What is it supposed to display ? From the build & run, what is your AppDelegate using as the default view on application startup ?

3. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

i did a view based app and i got it to show up in the simulator, but the buttons dont work because of these 2 errors that i need help fixing. the interface builder pictures are the order the buttons are supposed to open each new window. from left to right is the order. the last picture was a little bit too big so i uploaded it in a .zip format, hopefully it uploaded.

Attached Files:

4. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

How is this different than the issues you're having in this thread?

6. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

ok ive rewritten everything and its almost perfect, i just need to know what would be causing it to show up black instead of the way i want it. any ideas?

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

First of all, I'm afraid you didn't really answer my question. Do we really need to try and help you troubleshoot this in two threads?