Black screen when installing Win 8 pro 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dekampes, Jul 14, 2013.

1. dekampes macrumors newbie

Hi!

I have a problem installing Win 8 64bit on Macbook Pro 7.1 (13" mid-2010).

I tried to install on my MBP using Bootcamp 4 (BIOS emulation / CSM / Legacy), or using option-key-boot and selecting DVD icon with "Windows" text, it only show plain black screen. No cursor, no keyboard backlight, capslock can't be turned on, and after a brief time the DVD drive stops spinning. No "Press any key to boot from CD" text either.
    When I try to install using EFI Boot, it shows the installation screen. And if I follow the instruction, the installation runs smoothly until first reboot. After first reboot, an error occured when Windows setup at "Getting devices ready 67%" and my MBP suddenly restart. After searching on Google, I found a workaround and managed to install Win 8. The problem is when I try to install NVidia 320m driver, a wild BSOD appears! It seems that NVidia driver does not run on Windows with EFI environment.

Is it possible to fix Mac's BIOS Emulation boot? Or fix NVidia driver on EFI mode?
    Any suggestion welcomed. Thank you.

2. Kalelegna macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

Dekampes, any solution for your problem? I've with the same issue...

Thanks.