Black Screen with MBPR-15 after screen sleep.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by togg, Mar 5, 2014.

1. togg, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014

togg macrumors newbie

So, this is a long story issue if I've get it right. I'm trying to isolate the problem and hoping hoping hoping that this is not an hardware issue.

Randomly the screen stay black after going in sleep mode, the computer seems to continue working and spinning, this is not happening if I touch the keyboard just after that it goes to sleep. The problem happens often, I'm not absolutely sure but this seems to be started after 10.9.2. I'm now installing the new CUDA update, maybe this could be related.

Until now I have hard restarted it, now I've discovered that restarting with ctrl-alt-power works as well. I'll try to understand if resetting pram/smc etc can help me. edit: all done, I'll wait.
    I cross my fingers for the logic board (I'll do the hardware test if nothing help me), cross them with me :eek:

TLDR: Are you experiencing a lot of black screen after 10.9.2?

2. samanthas macrumors regular

This happened to me yesterday. rmbp 13" running 10.9.2. Don't remember it happening before that...

3. togg thread starter macrumors newbie

This night it didn't happened, hope that the various reset worked in some way :(

4. AUS76K12 macrumors newbie

Happens to me also, sometimes it wakes from sleep, sometimes the screen stays black.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've not noticed it but being a rMBP with no moving parts its rather difficult to discern if the computer is asleep or the screen is just off.

6. togg thread starter macrumors newbie

How often? With which os? and are you talking about screen sleep or sleep-sleep?
    Today all good here, I'm start trusting my macbook again.

In my case I'm pretty sture it's the screen, fans were going on.