Black Screen with Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Balrama, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Balrama macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I am have an intermittent problem playing Starcraft 2 on my 2011 iMac.

The screen goes black when playing in full screen mode, the only way to get it back is to reboot the machine or sometimes get the game to work in windowed mode. Now this is an intermittent problem.

Actions I have already taken to correct it was the keyboard combinations in boot up to reset the graphics firmware, a fresh install of Lion and the game. This did not correct it so I took it to an Apple service centre where they had the machine for a few days but could not dupllcate it.

I am now running a fresh install of ML and the game and it happened again. So it only happens when playing Starcraft, and I even disabled active corners.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be. I also have 16 gig of RAM in this iMac

2. Slux, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

Slux macrumors member

Slux

Hi, just found this post with a search.

I'm having exactly the same symptoms with Starcraft 2 on my 2010 Macbook Pro.

Only Starcraft 2. Only since roughly August.

Screen goes black after roughly 10-15 minutes of gameplay, sound gets stuck on whatever was playing at the time. Unrecoverable except through hard reboot.

Seems to be caused by a kernel panic in the NVidia drivers. I have some error logs that I will post later. Could this be overheating (MBP runs pretty hot) or other hardware fault?

Any info would be great.

[Edit: Damn just realised I posted this to the iMac forum, sorry. Posted further information to new thread here]