Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomhfh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am unsure if this is a hardware or software problem, but think it must be software as I haven't dropped my phone or anything like that recently.

I was running ios7 beta 3, and suddenly the screen went black. I am still able to use Siri, and take screenshots but appear unable to unlock my phone by guessing where my pass code would be.

Has anyone had the same problem? At the moment my phone is unusable.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am unsure if this is a hardware or software problem, but think it must be software as I haven't dropped my phone or anything like that recently.

I was running ios7 beta 3, and suddenly the screen went black. I am still able to use Siri, and take screenshots but appear unable to unlock my phone by guessing where my pass code would be.

Hold home and power button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then let go. This is a hard reset.

See if this fixes it for ya?

ermoore

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2010

Hold down power and .... dang it. He beat me to it.

tomhfh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Hold home and power button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then let go. This is a hard reset.

See if this fixes it for ya?

Wow thank you, I tried two times but clearly didn't hold down for long enough! I am greatly relieved thank you so much :)

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

Had this issue all the time on Beta 3. Thankfully its been fixed in Beta 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.