Black Shade And Computer Keeps Saying Restart Everytime I Turn It On! Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KRRRRANDEL, Aug 25, 2009.

1. KRRRRANDEL macrumors newbie

I was software updating my brothers computer and I shut it down because he was going to bed and I turned it back on. It asked me to restart the computer and I did and a black shade saying to restart it came up again... What should I do? I have shut it off and on a zillion times and still the black shade with weird text in the background is still happening. This happened around half an hour ago? Shall I just wait until morning!? I am frekaing out

2. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Sounds like a kernal panic, happened to me when my graphics card drivers (gtx 285), weren't supported in 10.5.8, what did you/he change?

3. SopwithCamel macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem

I have a 2009 MacBook running 10.5.8. Yesterday I upgraded to Snow Leopard using an external hard drive with a disc image of Snow Leopard on it. Now whenever I try to start up my Mac a grey screen slides down fom the top of the screen saying in a few languages that I have to restart. When I restart, the same thing happens. I tried booting from the installation drive and repairing my hard drive with disk utility. it said the repair was successful, but the same thing still happens :confused:
    Thanks for your time and any help would be greatly appreciated.