Black/Slate MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shmoham, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Shmoham macrumors newbie

I think what apple is doing and how they're upgrading their devices to meet the same style they're making that we might be seeing a Black/Slate MacBook Pro model along side with the current silver standard model! As they usually did with they old plastic MacBooks! I myself would love to have a Black/Slate MacBook Pro to complete my gang! What do you guys think? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359359325.096676.jpg

2. ybz90 macrumors 6502a

ybz90

Although it is hard to predict any direction based on these items alone, I think it's a possibility. It really depends on if there's demand for it (enough that is, to justify a second production line) and if Apple's marketing guys determine it to be so. I actually personally think there will be a black line in the future.

3. tekno macrumors 6502a

I think black would look great - take a look at Samsung's laptops with their brushed graphite colour. Apple's design with that material would look lovely.

However, knowing Apple, they'll choose a material for aesthetics alone which would mean, like the iPhone 5, it'll chip and scratch.

It would look nice as you take it out of the box, at least.

4. Ploki macrumors 68000

There used to be a black prototype, but it got scratched too easily and worn on the palm rests.

perhaps now when steve is gone and apple doesnt seem to give a damn about details anymore, there will be one.

5. DayVe3000 macrumors member

I have a black and slate iPhone 5 . . . But wouldnt buy a black and slate MBP!

Just for fear of scratching it. Im paranoid enough about scratching my iPhone. :rolleyes:

6. danerh macrumors member

Something like this?

[​IMG]

Something like this? But with a black apple logo to match all the others...