Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookpro13

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
How sick would this be?

apple-ipad-mini-black.jpg

Any reason why Apple doesn't make the macbook in two colors like the ipad? I would buy a black retina pro so fast.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
umm.. that's an iPad Mini Black & Slate

Are you simple? :p He obviously means how nice a MacBook Pro would be if it used the same dark aluminium design as the iPad pictured.

@ Op I think it would look nice.

macbookpro13

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
umm.. that's an iPad Mini Black & Slate

Yes, I totally did not know that when I google image searched "ipad mini".

I'm talking about the color :rolleyes:

----------

Are you simple? :p He obviously means how nice a MacBook Pro would be if it used the same dark aluminium design as the iPad pictured.

@ Op I think it would look nice.

It would go so well with yosemite's dark mode.

mokes

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
Something a little like this?

Attachments

• slate_mbp.png
    slate_mbp.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 169

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
Sickly nice & sweet on the promo pix, like on the fanboy-made here above. Not nice for practical use though - my 1st gen black iPad mini got a little annoying scratchmark just by me looking at it! (I don't how it got there, I'm really careful with my stuff)

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
Any reason why Apple doesn't make the macbook in two colors like the ipad? I would buy a black retina pro so fast.

Inventory management, stock keeping, replacement parts availability, manufacturing line management - all add complexity and costs. If Apple believes that there isn't enough $$ to cover these basic overheads + healthy margins on top of that; they will not release more colors.

ShiggyMiyamoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Just outside Boston, MA.
I remember wanting a Black MacBook back in 2007 when I got my now dead white one, but it was $150 more for merely a color and I think twice the RAM and HDD, but still.. >_> I'd also love an rMBP in black... I wonder if you can send a stock rMBP off to some company like http://www.Colorwarepc.com or something so they can do the color treatment....

EDIT: You can, but it's not cheap.... Have fun.

EDIT 2: Here's my ideal rMBP 15" design: http://www.colorware.com/showproduc...3u5ag|4ji-3u9sg|4jj-3ud1g|4jk-3uheg|4jl-3ulbg I used to have my white MacBook with black and red MacAlly Bookendz casing. It was slick, but having the actual chassis like that would look and be amazing.

Last edited:

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Retina MacBook Pro 15", with an InCase "Black Hammered Hardshell" case, in use now. Best of all worlds.

And yes, I miss my Black MacBook.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.

I was also going to show a few images of the Razer Blade, but not in the same biased way you had.

Either way, I think if they're going to do dark now, they'll only do Space grey. Which kinda sucks

powerslave12r

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2010
I was also going to show a few images of the Razer Blade, but not in the same biased way you had.

Either way, I think if they're going to do dark now, they'll only do Space grey. Which kinda sucks

Biased?

Doesn't take much to start the name-calling, does it?

powerslave12r

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2010
All are good machines man! :D

Can you imagine a 17" rMBP in that finish? I could use that machine till the end of my days..

.. or the next release.

The Mercurian

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2012
The Blackbooks didn't age well however - they tended to look grubby over time. The aluminium ones age much better I think.

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
It would be awesome if they did. Don't think they will though.

i don't think Apple has done colored Mac's in oh man what 8 years now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.