Black Sports Discolouration

sunny2015

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
hey guys,

Just wondered if anybody is having issues with the black sports band on their Apple Watch series 3 ? I have had 2 replacements already in which the band has started to discolour just a few days after use !!

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
hey guys,

Just wondered if anybody is having issues with the black sports band on their Apple Watch series 3 ? I have had 2 replacements already in which the band has started to discolour just a few days after use !!
The Black sports band will show some General wear after general use, but I have never had any of my sport bands actually discolor. I imagine Apple would want those bands for their engineers to look at, as that's something they typically do for potential defect issues.

Celebion

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2015
Hi guys, I’ve only had it for two days and as you can see from the picture below, the bottom left side of the band is already discolouring.
Same here. Discoloration and peeling of the band. As if a layer of clear coat is peeling off.

Of course Apple being Apple doesn’t exchange the bands. I had to return the whole watch and have to wait for a new one to be available.

sunny2015

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
That’s so bad! It’s an issue that’s happend it me twice in literally days, I might just return it all together.