Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aquilc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
Malta
I have a retina macbook pro with retina display.

Today, something black (very small spot) is moving inside my screen. I tried cleaning my screen (proper cleaning products) but to no avail.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6,393

aquilc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
Malta
Now it moved to the other side of the screen.

I cannot wipe it with a screen cloth. it looks like it's inside the screen :/

I bought this Macbook 2 months ago :/

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,972

aquilc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
Malta
Best bet is to take it to Apple Genius Bar and see if they will replace it for you.

I live in Malta.

No Geniusbars here. I'll see how it goes for a few days and if I spot more, I'll take it back (Apple Authorised Seller) and see what they say.

aquilc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
Malta
I hope it dies in offscreen. I fell in love with the computer.

----------

Don't know how it got there. I live in a very clean environment. I put the notebook back inside the case when I do not use it.

garriguejej

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2019
京都⇔名古屋
I had exactly the same phenomenon on a macbook retina 2017 today: a black speck, moving inside the screen.
Wandering around in various directions, up to the top en then back again.
Tried rebooting. Now it doesn't move, but still seems to be there.
Wondering whether it's hardware or software.
q9qzIY7zvWRkIjHDN2MrWV-rgEVig_HHE5JoSushsJ-1fgoSusf8-9QaeXQf5n7-zxSsdIfpPZ6orZSUXXmJjPbQ9z4k6j5bJLbTeqL_GmYQuIIIEzD31FdAiD77dP9mUB-pk6oSjyM=w2400

gp4EwFpA6op72Jc97

Last edited:

BeeeeeRian

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2020
Did anyone get a response to this? I just started working from home and my work sent me this Mac and it’s doing the same thing. I am terrified there is something living inside it now. It moves like its trying to get out.

Leandro Melo

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2020
Did anyone get a response to this? I just started working from home and my work sent me this Mac and it’s doing the same thing. I am terrified there is something living inside it now. It moves like its trying to get out.

Hey! I have the same problem! It doesn't move but looks like its inside the screen

antonrg

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2019
Paris
I have the same issue with my MacBook 12". It looks like something is living there and is moving around!!!! When I try to wipe it, it stops moving and then later beings again! What the heck is this!?

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
I have the same issue with my MacBook 12". It looks like something is living there and is moving around!!!! When I try to wipe it, it stops moving and then later beings again! What the heck is this!?
A bug that's gotten between the screen layers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.