black spot on 2010 13'' MBP display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by troy14, Apr 6, 2011.

1. troy14 macrumors 6502a

hey everyone, my 2010 13" MBP is about 1yr old.. i still have a couple of weeks to purchase applecare and I think i'm going to pull the trigger, but if I don't I have an issue I want to resolve first

i hope i'm not being anal here, but in the past month it started off as a small black dot on my LCD, and it seems to get bigger..

its only on some colors that it's noticeable / more noticeable / not noticeable, and only at certain angles (sometimes when i'm laying in bed watching a movie it's really noticeable and bothers me)

would apple fix this? what do I even say the problem is?

here is a picture : http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/246/photovr.jpg

it's in the lower right of the screen

2. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

It's hard to tell from the picture, but if it's a dead pixel and you have time left on your initial 1 year of Apple Care I would take it in and see what they can do. It would stink looking at a dead pixel everyday. I couldn't do it either.

3. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Looks like more than a dead pixel to me...

4. troy14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, i know what deadpixels are and definitely not that

5. Ungibbed macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

Looks like a backlight issue to me or some other compression issue on the LCD glass panel itself, are there any dents in the lid near that corner?