Black spot on screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macbook yes, Jul 26, 2009.

1. macbook yes macrumors 6502

I've had my macbook for 2 months so far and I just noticed a small black spot on the screen. It looks like it might be on the actual glass screen, not the picture. I have tried gently scraping, using iklear, and rubbing it out but it doesnt come off. I dont know what else to do. It drives me insame.

2. fireman13 macrumors 6502

3. macbook yes thread starter macrumors 6502

4. fireman13 macrumors 6502

if you have an apple store near by, take it in. It should be under warranty unless you've done something to the computer. Either way, they will look at it and tell what you need to know. I know there have been several threads on here with people with dust under their screen. It may be helpful for you to search the forums and get some better answers. Without seeing it, I am speculating that this is what is wrong with your computer. If you don't have a store near by, call apple care.

5. macbook yes thread starter macrumors 6502

Weirdest thing - today in class under the fluorescent lights it was a white dot. Now I'm back home and it's black. I dont really want to have to take it in because I don't have a car and the nearest apple store is an hour away. There is an authorized retailer but i dont know if I trust them.

6. fireman13 macrumors 6502

I don't blame you for not wanting to trust them, There is a dealer where I live that I'm not to crazy about. However, their work is under warranty just like it would be if you took it to an Apple store.

So, if for any reason, they screw up your Mac, you will have everything documented because they work under apple. Also, if they can't do the work in their facility, they will send it off to Apple's technicians to do the repair for you.

Have you called Apple care just to see what they might think it is?