Black Stainless Steel Q?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Trhodezy, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Trhodezy macrumors regular

Hi guys,

Been eyeing up the Apple Watch Sport in Space Grey for the past god knows how long, with a black sport band (for the initial order). However I have started to come around to the Stainless Steel Black Apple Watch but I refuse to pay the £949 for it, not just for the price but the fact that I also don't want a link bracelet.

Is there anyway to buy said watch with a different band, or is it a 'what you see is what you get' kind'a scenario.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Black SS is only sold with the link bracelet.

3. Trhodezy thread starter macrumors regular

Well that's a bugger.

Thanks for the confirmation, appreciate it.

----------

Well that's a bugger.

Thanks for the confirmation, appreciate it.

4. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Apple's selling all the watches with bands, and the options are laid out in the list of "all models" on their site. So as you can see, you can not buy the space black case without also buying the space black link bracelet.

You can, of course, buy the band you want separately and use it with that space black case. You will, of course, be left with a disused space black link bracelet that you decidedly do not want to pay for in the first place. You could, I guess, try to sell it to someone. I have seen a few people saying they are wishing they could combine the space gray sport watch with the space black link bracelet. However, that bracelet is NOT being sold separately. So, maybe you could find someone of this ilk and set up a deal to swap bands and the cash difference after delivery? That or try to sell it ad hoc later.

And given the way Apple has positioned themselves as representing a sort of design authority on this product line, which is common and expected in the fashion world (hell, it's the only thing many fashion companies even do,) I do not expect this situation to change any time soon. Perhaps, when the Fall season approaches and Fall styles begin to hit the racks, Apple will offer more bands and even possibly more case and band combinations. But, it's not going to happen in the launch window or within months after.

5. ttexxan macrumors regular

I really want the black SS so might be ordering and selling the band.

6. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

but who would buy the band except someone with the black SS?

7. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Maybe someone with a space grey sport.

8. fs454 macrumors 65816

Honestly, I think even the silver sport with black steel link looks incredible.

Attached Files:

9. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

I guess they both do look pretty good with it, although it's hard to tell how close the colors are in a rendering vs real lighting

[​IMG]

10. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

I've read quite a few posts from people who want that band but don't want the stainless watch. You could undoubtedly sell that for a profit if you were willing to break up the "exclusive" set.

11. mitchleeh macrumors regular

This is my plan, and I think (hope) I'll make between $500-$700 for the black link bracelet, since you can't buy it.

12. parallax33 macrumors regular

If someone had 700 to spend on a band, wouldn't they buy SB in the first place?

13. splogue macrumors regular

splogue

Um, yep.

He's totally overestimating what he can get for a used band.

Wishful thinking, I'd say.