Black Theater / Stage Lights MacBook Pro Screen Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by florante, Jan 13, 2013.

1. florante, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

florante macrumors newbie

Got my MBP (13-inch, Late 2011, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, OS X Lion) from Bestbuy last May. Few days ago, I noticed this "dark pattern" on my notebook's display.

[​IMG]

I know it's not that of a big deal for some but it does bother me a lot. Sadly I'm in the Philippines and staying here for the next 3 years (or more until I finish college) and currently, there's no Apple store around here.

I made some research about this matter and saw something on Youtube having the same problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQIEGj_hpFY Comments below the video that pressing "control-shift-eject" resolved their problem but mine was persistent after many attempts. I also tried restarting my mac, nothing happened.

Similarly, a thread from Apple also said that doing so ("control-shift-eject") would resolve the problem. If it does not work, they'd suggest to install the latest Mac OS.

I haven't dropped my computer or spilt something on it then suddenly, this.
    Am I the only one experiencing this now? The last threads and videos about this were posted like 3 years ago.

Help me :(

2. txag09 macrumors newbie

bump. i'm having the same problem and the screen is noticeably darker than before and hard to see in a lit room.