Black vs white iphone.. picture quality

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Harleygurl, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Harleygurl macrumors newbie

I am looking at getting a new iphone 4S and my friend told me the black is better for picture taking .. is this true?

She told me this: With it being black there is less light to be bounced off the background of the light sensor therefore creating clearer pictures or something like that. it has to do with the color of the material around the camer and the light sensor.

Does anybody know if this is true? I was looking at getting a white one this time around since my 4 is black.. I had a white 3Gs and never noticed a difference:confused:

TIA

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

I haven't heard this...and doubt it's true.

the white screen does look slightly lighter compared to the black but only noticeable when compared to directly.

I have moved to a white after waiting over a year with the black, and I love it! Can't say I've noticed any drop in photo quality.

3. Harleygurl thread starter macrumors newbie

4. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

If anything, cases might reflect the flash into the shot if they are too close to the flash, but that shouldn't be an issue.

5. Harleygurl thread starter macrumors newbie

I just bought a black one from AT&T I hope it ships sooner then 3-5 days like it said!!! Thank you for ur responses ;)