Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Anyone have this combo and care to weigh in on it? I love my SS Space Black, but have found that there are very few band combos I like with it. Basically all of the black ones. I got the Sport with it, a knockoff Milanese on Amazon, and am looking for others.

To be honest, I really wanted a black Leather Loop but they no longer sell them. I have a knockoff on the way from Amazon, but am not all that hopeful on the quality vs the official ones.

Just wondering if anyone in here uses one of the woven nylon bands with their SS Space Black. I have never seen/felt one in person, and wonder if they match the SS models as well as the Sport ones. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for something that's a bit classier than the sport band but not quite as fancy-ish looking as the Milanese (even though it's a knockoff, it still makes the watch look flashier), and am thinking the woven nylon would be a nice middle ground. I have looked at countless 3rd party bands on Amazon, but none of the "original" designs even come close to what Apple is doing with their bands.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Anyone have this combo and care to weigh in on it? I love my SS Space Black, but have found that there are very few band combos I like with it. Basically all of the black ones. I got the Sport with it, a knockoff Milanese on Amazon, and am looking for others.

To be honest, I really wanted a black Leather Loop but they no longer sell them. I have a knockoff on the way from Amazon, but am not all that hopeful on the quality vs the official ones.

Just wondering if anyone in here uses one of the woven nylon bands with their SS Space Black. I have never seen/felt one in person, and wonder if they match the SS models as well as the Sport ones. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for something that's a bit classier than the sport band but not quite as fancy-ish looking as the Milanese (even though it's a knockoff, it still makes the watch look flashier), and am thinking the woven nylon would be a nice middle ground. I have looked at countless 3rd party bands on Amazon, but none of the "original" designs even come close to what Apple is doing with their bands.

I own the black nylon band. It's durable and very lightweight. It can easily be paired with the black stainless Watch (Which I own) and matches nicely.

I also own the pearl nylon band, which pairs well with my regular stainless Watch.

The nylon bands allow your wrist to breathe much easier than the Sport bands do.

I feel Apple's OEM nylon bands are worth the money. Very happy Wih both of them and I was skeptical before I ordered them. Glad I did.

Reactions: blasto2236

igrover

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
I have one with my SS Space Black and love it. Especially in the warm weather it is a much cooler band.

Reactions: blasto2236

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Thanks to you two, I went and scooped one at the Apple Store this morning. I suppose I could have just asked them to show me the combo in store, but in any case I'm pretty pleased with it, so thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 261
Reactions: xDKP

Birddog1

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2016
Ohio
I picked one up today too and I've been wearing it since about noon. I never imagined it would be this comfortable to wear.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I picked one up today too and I've been wearing it since about noon. I never imagined it would be this comfortable to wear.

Same! I am really enjoying mine. Have seen some others say that it creases after constant wear, which is disappointing. I think it's going to become my go-to band. It looks really good with the SB SS. Definitely lusting after the Link Bracelet and a genuine Milanese Loop after popping in the store today, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.