Blackadder's sartorial dilemma

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Lord Blackadder, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm off to an academic conference today where I'm going to present my thesis research, and I'm trying to pick an appropriate outfit. For my defense I chickened out and went with a simple shirt and tie, since I was too busy to get anything else together. but this time I want to look a little more professor-ish, so I'm going to wear a sport coat. Still wearing a tie; I don't want to look like football pundit or hollywood actor with the sport coat/no tie nonsense.

I'm wondering if tan slacks and a green (light or dark?) shirt would look appropriate.

Dressing well is something I simply do not have the instinct for, though I do try. :eek:

Materials shown below (coat and tie)

Attached Files:

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I like dark green compared to light....that way people will be watching your presentation and not the light green shirt.

Keep it as simple as possible ;)

Bless

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

4. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

While I do respect Larry King, I don't want to look like him. :D

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I don't respect Larry King nor do I want to look like him, but I do wear bow ties from time to time. No clip-ons, the real ones, the kind you tie by hand. A lost sartorial art!

Good luck on your presentation. In the end you know it won't have anything to do with what you wear.