Blackberry+Bluetooth

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by w00t951, Aug 12, 2009.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I have an old Blackberry which is horrible to type on and has an incredible battery life of 5 hours. So, I was wondering if there was some sort of way that I could connect the Blackberry to my Mac/iPod and text using Apple hardware, but transmit through the Blackberry. I don't have enough money to pay for the $100/month iPhone fee, so don't ask. If there is any App/widget/program for Mac or iPod which will allow me to do this, please recommend it to me. And it doesn't matter whether it is paid or free.

2. scarboni21 macrumors regular

Sounds like you just hate your phone. Your carrier probably has some free or very cheap phones that would work better for your. If you dont want to up your contract you can buy unlocked phones on amazon for reasonable prices.

3. w00t951 thread starter macrumors 68000

w00t951

Well, I have a two year contract, and the extended Blackberry service plan, which apparently doesn't cover unfriendly encounters with Pepsi. So, there is no software which will cover my needs?

4. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

just buy new parts for your blackberry. You can buy any hardware you can think of. Which BB is it?