BlackBerry Bold SIM on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfrik, Apr 14, 2009.

1. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

Hey guys.
    I have another question,

1. I have a BlackBerry Bold and an iPhone 3G. Do you know whether I can instantly put my BB AT&T SIM card to the iPhone 3G?

Considering they both use the same 3G network from AT&T.

Thanks.

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

yes

You should be able to, however eventually AT&T will possible catch up to you and require you change the plan to match the phone. I read an article the other day where they are cracking down on SIM switching. I don't recall at the moment where the link is?

3. OriginalFormula macrumors regular

Yes, it will work. But keep the Blackberry data plan on the line, and not the iPhone data plan, or else you won't be able to get data on your Bold.

4. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

I don't think AT&T can tell, as long as you're not stupid enough to tell them your IMEI changed. :D

5. SBA macrumors member

It works for the most part. You will get data on your iPhone, but no visual voicemail. And you will most likely get frequent text messages and/or emails from AT&T claiming you're using the wrong data plan.

If the iPhone is unlocked, however, you will not get any messages from AT&T regarding your data plan. This is from my personal experience - got the messages with a locked iPhone w/ Blackberry Bold SIM card and Blackberry Personal data plan; unlocked iPhone, no more messages.

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

You don't have to tell AT&T the IMEI of the iPhone 3G. It will self-report everytime you connect to the AT&T cell network using your SIM. Just put the SIM into the iPhone and wait about 15 minutes, then log in to OLAM and you will see the iPhone 3G listed as your device on the line. Yes, you can manually change it in OLAM but that just customizes the help and feature support, it does nothing to change the auto report feature everytime you connect to the cell network.

You also will not receive frequent SMS Txt messages about the wrong plan, you should only receive one a few days before your normal monthly billing cycle end / start date.

Dave

7. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Should be. I used to switch between the Bold, Fuze, iPhone, and unlocked Storm without any problems (except the lack of 3G on the storm due to hardware).

8. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

All right. Thanks for the correction.