Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PodoGelbert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2014
Hi all,

Any one knows how to transfer Blackberry contacts to iPhone 5S? Actually I did some research on the forum, two methods are available on other threads: SIM card and Google sync. But the problem is that both of them are not workable for me. I am in a small town and no local store provide such service. Besides, gooogle service is totally blocked in our country so I can't use google sync.

Is there any dumb alternatives out there? Thx

eww7633

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2008
Forgive me if this isn't right, but I've literally never used a Blackberry. Can you use the Blackberry desktop manager to import them to your PC? If you can, once you have them in a program, you can export them into VCards, which you can then import on iCloud.com > Contacts. Then enable iCloud contacts on your device.

The key thing is to get them off the Blackberry and onto a computer. From there, there is more than one way to get them on your iPhone.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I would just spend time on the weekend and just enter them manually. I can't remember but I think Blackberry stores names differently. If you want

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

Do you have Microsoft Outlook? You could try syncing your contacts from the Blackberry to Outlook via Blackberry Desktop, and then sync from Outlook to your iPhone.

Another option: is BBM for iOS available in your country? IF so, you can install BBM on your iPhone, get the PIN and then use BBM to send your contacts to the iPhone's PIN from your Blackberry. You might have to share them one by one though.

Infinus.gold

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2014
Hi all,

Any one knows how to transfer Blackberry contacts to iPhone 5S? Actually I did some research on the forum, two methods are available on other threads: SIM card and Google sync. But the problem is that both of them are not workable for me. I am in a small town and no local store provide such service. Besides, gooogle service is totally blocked in our country so I can't use google sync.

BB to iPhone 5S converted..
Win 7 on PC...
1. sync BB contacts with address book using Desktop Manager.
or
1. sync BB contact with MS Office using Desktop Manager.

2. Use iTune to sync your MS Office contacts/ default address book.

PodoGelbert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2014
Forgive me if this isn't right, but I've literally never used a Blackberry. The key thing is to get them off the Blackberry and onto a computer. From there, there is more than one way to get them on your iPhone.

Thanks for you kind reply, will try it later.

I would just spend time on the weekend and just enter them manually. I can't remember but I think Blackberry stores names differently. If you want

Nope, i am gonna mad if i typed it one by one.

Do you have Microsoft Outlook? You could try syncing your contacts from the Blackberry to Outlook via Blackberry Desktop, and then sync from Outlook to your iPhone.

Another option: is BBM for iOS available in your country? IF so, you can install BBM on your iPhone, get the PIN and then use BBM to send your contacts to the iPhone's PIN from your Blackberry. You might have to share them one by one though.

B

2. Use iTune to sync your MS Office contacts/ default address book.

Thanks all for the kind words. But I didn't get Office suite installed on my PC, as it's a bit expensive. I am using free WPS Office instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.