Blackberry convert

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kc5deb, Jan 10, 2009.

1. kc5deb macrumors newbie

I thought about the iPhone before I bought my blackberry curve, and decided the blackberry was the better solution, and though the iPhone was just hype and shine.

I played with one the other day, and as of yesterday, I am a new 16gb iPhone 3G owner. I can't put the thing down.

The flow of everything just wows me, and I hate even picking up my blackberry.

Things I'm impressed with?
    Screen. Hands down, better than any BB or smartphone I've seen
    SMS. GREAT for txting, and love the way it shows the sms threads
    Internet. I though the blackberry was fast... wow.. MUCH better
    WiFi. My 8330 didn't have it... and since I don't have 3G where I live, it makes a big difference.
    Apps. Good blackberry apps are few and far between, but, apps for the iPhone are plenty.

Things I'd like to see different (as I'm sure others feel to)
    MMS
    Longer battery life
    Landscape SMS typing

Honestly, I can't think of anything that would make me NOT buy it again, other than the service plans... ridiculously priced, IMO.

But, LOVE my iPhone, and I'd sell my BB in a heartbeat if it wasn't my company phone.

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Glad your happy, iPhone has it flaws but like any apple product the user experience and design make it worth it.

3. kc5deb thread starter macrumors newbie

I've noticed something else I'm really enjoying about my iPhone over my curve. Voice quality is 10 times better. Could be the fact that my curve is on alltel, and I've been less than impressed with their quality overall.

4. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Agreed. And I'm in the same situation as you. Have a company issue blackberry (8800) but still wanted an iPhone, so I got one for personal use.

While there are certainly some things the BB does better, I still love my iPhone more in terms of general usage.

Web surfing is worlds better.
    Apps are tons better.
    Games are tons better.
    Music and Movies are tons better.

Minor inconveniences that everyone talks about re: the iphone:
    - No copy/paste
    - Lack of shortcut keys (t for top, b for bottom, etc)
    - No always-on IM (though pretty well solved with Beejive)

Anyway - wish I could dump the BB completely, but have to hang on to it for company use during the day. :)

Oh - also, my BB is on T-Mobile and the iPhone on AT&T. I see mention of AT&T poor service, but I haven't had a single dropped call and in several places, get better signal (bars) than TMO... So I've been pleasantly surprised.

5. leishan macrumors 6502

I love my iPhone, but sometimes I hate dealing with ATT.

6. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

7. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Wait until February 11th when T-Mobile gets the new 8900. I like the iPhone, but this new Curve blows the iPhone out of the water. I'd probably have an iPhone if I wasn't going to get the 8900.