Blackberry curve: Question about web browsing.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by brendanryder, Aug 22, 2008.

1. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

so i have a HTC P4000, or a "mogul", and i got unlimited mobile browsing so i could check my emails and go to macrumors and POTN forums when i am bored. But with my browser i cannot post a reply or start a new topic. so i am looking into getting a Curve, not just for this reason tho.
    So will the blackberry curve allow you to post replies and start new topics when in the browser? and is there anything else i should be warned about with the curve? or is it just a superb device.

Thanks.

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yes, you pretty much can make new posts and reply to posts and do all that stuff. The Curve is a very neat device.

Obviously, the web browsing experience isn't that great. The fonts and widgets are horrendous, and it reformats the webpages for the blackberry's screen. It basically looks like a cell phone's view of the internet before the iPhone came along. But it's passable.

3. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

I suggest downloading opera mini for the Curve. It allows you to view the "full" version of web pages and to zoom in and out sort of like the iphone. It's not nearly as good as mobile safari, but much nbetter than the default blackberry browser.

4. brendanryder thread starter macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

well im glad to hear that, it was so annoying how i couldnt type new replies on my HTC P4000. well chopped up internet is better than no internet right?:p

ok i will try to remember that. thanks for the tip.