Blackberry e-mail/messsnger on the IPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ODog4523, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ODog4523 macrumors regular

ODog4523

Has anyone ever tried setting up a BBerry e-mail account on an IPhone...e.g. johnsmith@att.blackberry.net?

I know there are people who want the web/multimedia features on the IPhone, but stick with RIM because of the messaging options it offers (mainly the BBerry Messenger).

Curious...

2. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

I think if you want to stick with RIM's features, like their push messaging and email, you have to be on a blackberry. Isn't that the only way you get that "special" email address? You could just sign up for one of the free email services out there and use that or mobile me...

3. jaycarroll macrumors regular

Sadly, no... I absolutely miss messenger. But BeeJive is the next best thing - now that it is push and a little more stable.

I also miss one Messages 'Bukket' where I can view everything at once... unfortunately there's not 'an app for that'.

4. mrtune macrumors 6502a

That'll never happen. RIM won't even allow you to use a blackberry email for checking on a computer, let alone another competing phone.

I had a blackberry and never used the provided blackberry, as it only worked on the phone and nowhere else. It's a waste.