Blackberry like calendar functionality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by docc, Jul 28, 2009.

1. docc macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

Is it me or is it a real pain to make an appointment with a reminder on the iPhone?

Scenario:

I need to meet someone at 2:30 pm.

On the blackberry, i need to open calendar, scroll to 2:30 pm and just start typing and press enter when done (alarm is on by default).

I don't need to tell you guys how much time it takes to do the same thing on the iPhone calendar app.

Now, is there a simpler way to do this on the iPhone?

2. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

get a blackberry.

3. hrv888 macrumors regular

LOL

4. docc thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol.

Seriously though, i can't switch from the iPhone as its great for my needs but a few odd niggles like the calendar problem i just mentioned irks me sometimes.

5. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i use blackberry i like it better than the iphone in some terms. but i think the iphone overpowers the blackberry as of now.

i say work with it, you'll learn the muscle memory as your progress. if you cant take it. get a blackberry and leave the poor iphone alone

6. hsk macrumors regular

Pocket Informant is a more robust program that might be more of what you are looking for.

7. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I dont find it that difficult, but yes, pocketinformant is a GREAT app as well, and they have a lite version that you can try out.. I have been using the lite version for months now.. HOWEVER i just changed back to the iphone calander app because I was able to sync it to google and it works AMAZINGLY now.

Also, have you tried to just view your calander in DAY mode instead of month? Makes it easier if you are doing a lot of daily things.. i plan more monthly appointments.