blackberry messenger on iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nawizo, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Nawizo macrumors member

hai there

In as much as i would love to use iMessages i cant because most if not all my friends have blackberrys. I was browsing on the net and i found a number of youtube videos showing bbm ported on iphone. However when i follow the links the appear broken and those that are not ask me to do some survey. Seeing as we are a big community on macrumors i am sure a number of pipo here have installed bbm on there iphones. So can anyone help me with a working link or email the ipa to me on nawizo87@hotmail.com

2. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

It's 2012 dude. You dont need BBM. Call or text them.

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

BBM is licensed by RIM and therefore not available on the iphone..... However there are many other options for cross platform messaging.... Like whatsapp for example, you can download it on your iphone and your friends can download it on their blackberry's and you can communicate that way. Or just text them

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There's a reason why your search results aren't getting you anywhere.

BBM won't work on IOS. You have to have access to the RIM infrastructure and a PIN to use BBM. Currently, that's only possible with a BB device on a BB data plan. You need both the PIN and access to the APN. Without both, you won't have BBM.

Get your BB users to use a cross-platform messaging solution.