Blackberry on iPhone plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roosterfosho, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Roosterfosho macrumors member

I was looking into getting a back up phone and was wondering if I could just pop my sim card into a blackberry and use that, or would it require a whole new data plan other than my iPhone one.

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I'm pretty sure you'd have to switch over to the Blackberry plan, but it's the same price and I'm pretty sure you can do that online. I'm not sure if its instantaneous or not. I'd be interested in finding out because sometimes I get a brief 2-3 days urge to have a blackberry and being able to easily swap would be nice.

3. Roosterfosho thread starter macrumors member

Yeah how nice would that be when you know you're going somewhere that you are nervous to take your iPhone.

4. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

You need to call. Its annoying, and a total drag. Online you cannot switch off the iPhone plan. AT&T reps confirmed when I called them. Each time I switch from my 3GS to my Android G1 I need to call AT&T and have them switch the data package. Thus, I decided I will not be sim swapping very often. Also it makes the billing looks screwy on your bill because they charge you for X iPhone days and X other data days and blah blah blah.

I *wish* the AT&T system would smarten up, and detect what phone you are using and add the package for it since they cost the same.

Ugh.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

That's disappointing.