Blackberry Playbook for $199!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MallCop, Nov 9, 2011.

1. MallCop macrumors 6502

Staples on black friday will have the Blackberry Playbook for $199. Better than the fire?

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

No native apps for e-mail, contacts, or calendar and a putrid selection of 3rd party apps.

So....no.

3. DryEyez macrumors 6502

For sale at the moment for £250...for that price I'm extremely tempted.

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

dying company, with pathetic support, and no basic functionality or pretty much the same innards with a company that offers you tons of benefits including an os that will be around for a while (android). is the playbook even a choice?

5. sigamy macrumors 65816

Definelty not. A tablet is more than hardware. It's the combination of hardware + OS + apps + services (content).

Amazon is the only one right now who can complete with Apple in providing top tier eBooks, movies and music for your device.

If PlayBooks drop to $99 and you just want to surf the web with it then maybe but I think Fire is a much better choice.

6. macteen94 macrumors newbie

Blackberry is on their last leg. (And I'm not sure why it's on an Apple forum) Personally, I have yet to find a non-Apple tablet I like at all.

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Since I cannot press power button on playbook....

It will be useless for me and I don't even have that big fingers. I need long nails to press the power button.

8. matelot macrumors regular

fu<k Blackberry...for making us suffer the tiny KB for YEARS!

9. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Well the Fire is almost the exact same hardware as the Playbook, I think with a slower processor and some things like cameras left off. In return it actually has a software and content ecosystem.