Blackberry software on a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brainwave89, Dec 6, 2011.

1. brainwave89 macrumors 6502

I have a friend who uses a Blackberry and I was wondering how well the Blackberry Desktop software works on a Mac. Do you have any experience using Lion and the Blackberry Desktop Software?

He is in need of a new computer and his most important thing is to communicate between his Blackberry and his computer.

2. Heateris macrumors member

The blackberry desktop works well on Mac, but it's not as full featured as the Windows version. Just so you know, I stopped using a blackberry when the iPhone S4 was released and I didn't install the most current BB desktop update. IIRC, they made a bunch of improvements in the latest updates.

Overall, your friend will be able to use a Mac with his BB without any problems.

3. zoziw macrumors member

zoziw

I've got an old 8530 and am happy with Blackberry Desktop Manager for the Mac. I am running Lion.

4. jive turkey macrumors 6502

It has almost been a year, but the Blackberry desktop software for Mac was the reason I made the move to the iPhone. Constant duplicating or deletion of data drove me insane. I'm glad to see from the 2 above posts that it has gotten better.

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Everything works fine with the latest update.