Blackberry Storm

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mcglry, Oct 19, 2009.

1. mcglry macrumors newbie

Is the blackberry storm a good phone? I'm thinking about getting rid of Verizon for an iPhone 3GS on AT&T. Is this a good move? Or should i stick with what i have?

2. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I would wait to get a Storm 2, but really the iPhone is better if you don't intend to use it for business.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

From what I've heard the Storm is not so good, but the Storm 2 is getting a lot of good previews.

Lethal

4. Lloyd Christmas macrumors regular

ummm

I have had the storm since Feb. I hate it but don't know what else to get. I will say it was a good idea on Blackberry to put out a touch phone to compete with the iphone but they should of waited to fine tune the os. Many times a day Im waiting for the phone to catch up with what i wanted it to do. This is my second storm since i broke the screen on my first one. When that happened i was phoneless for two days until my insurance sent me a refurb, which i sent back again cause the screen was messed up. Cost me $50 to replace it. If I can do it again, I think I would get a iphone, but the coverage is not very good were i live and my parents still pay for my phone.

5. mcglry thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the Storm now. They have fixed a lot of it with updates. Also there is supposed be an "update to add flick scrolling, tabbed browsing and threaded texting to the original storm..." I am running a business, fixing computers. I just don't like the coverage and expenses you get with AT&T. I am just trying to see what is a better phone to use with the business.

6. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Get an unlocked 3GS.

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Verizon is coming out with their first Android phone and I'd jump at a chance at that.

8. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    We are releasing two different android phones. :)

9. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Another for the 3GS.