Blackberry Sync?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Soura2112, May 2, 2009.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

My dad has a Blackberry and now a Imac to sync. As I am an Iphone user I have no clue what is the best software for Ical, contacts, etc for the Blackberry. There are a lot of programs out there saying they are the best, but I am not really sure which to go with. Does anyone know which is the best sync program (in their opinion) for a Blackberry and Mac? He is retired, so we can't use blackberry's download.....
    By the way it's a Blackberry BOLD.

Thanks!

2. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

I use PocketMac SyncManager on my Macbook for syncing my Blackberry 8100. It's great for syncing your calender, contacts and etc.

I've had zero problems using it, and best of all it's free :)

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Haven't used this software myself but heard nice things: Missing Sync.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

5. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I use Missing Sync for my Bold. It works great! Some were having issues with the 2.0 software, but it has been working flawlessly for me.

Yeah, this is true. But no one know when it will be out. Some say the earliest we can expect it to come out is late '09/early '10.

6. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i have had problems with pocketmacsync for my blackberry

bought missingsync for blackberry and it works like a charm

7. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

Another vote for missing sync, no hassle to it at all and everything syncs perfectly.

8. lvivoni macrumors newbie

Missing Synch v. PocketMac?!

I've been using PocketMac for my Bberry/Mac relationship, but still I have some reserves. I only synch contacts since calendar is synched through the web (gmail calendar). In that way its realtime updated when my calendar is updated from my office. Email is directly dealt with from the internet as well.
    Nevertheless, I cant figure out how to upload applications or upgrades to the Bberry OS. Im not sure if I havent explored enough into PocketMac due to my simple usage of it or if in fact I need some other software. Does Missing Synch do this? I dont want to b downloading everything that "might" fix the problem and pollute my Mac...as I use to do with my PC (RIP..for GOOD!!:D)
    Thanks for your help.

9. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

macs can not install or remove applications or upgrade your blackberry.
    you'll ahve to wait till RIM releases Desktop Manager for macs.

if you want to that, i suggest installing VMware or Parallels or maybe boot camp to load up windows and do your stuff there via Desktop Manager

10. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

Yeah. You can't install applications etc using a Mac. For that you need to be running Windows for now.

11. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

have you looked into CrossOver?

check their forums.. you'd be surprised at how much stuff works