BlackBerry to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yourdream, Jul 28, 2010.

1. yourdream macrumors regular

I upgraded to a BlackBerry Bold 9700 last month, unlocked it, and now I want to give it to my someone else to use. I would like to buy a iPhone 4 (unlocked) from the Apple Store Online this Friday. But the problem is I'm not sure if the Rogers BlackBerry plan will work with the iPhone 4 or not. I remember when I spoke to Rogers before I received my BlackBerry Bold 9700 that I was able to use the internet on my Nexus One from the moment the BlackBerry plan was activated.

2. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

3. Surely Guest

Surely

If you want to look at it that way, sure. The numbers are the same for that data plan.

The iPhone uses the Smartphone plans. It has a $25, 500MB plan as well, so you'll be switched to that when you get the iPhone (rather you'll be able to choose that when you get your iPhone).

4. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

So I don't have to call Rogers to switch my current BlackBerry plan right? It will automatically switch to a Smartphone plan when I use a iPhone 4?

Edit: Will Rogers let me do switch my plan to the iPhone or am I stuck with the BlackBerry plan for the next 3 years?

5. Surely Guest

Surely

When you get the iPhone and activate it, you'll have to choose your data plan. Whether that involves doing it at a Rogers Store, on your computer in iTunes, or over the phone, you'll have to activate your new iPhone.

EDIT: CALL ROGERS AND ASK THEM.

6. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

It's not hard just call then and switch the data plan.