Blackberry Tour anyone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edge171, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Edge171 macrumors member

Anyone tempted by this phone???? been using iphone since it first came out...1st gen..3g and now 3gs...i feel like im getting the BB itch again! lol

http://estore.vzwshop.com/bbtour/

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Eh, the only one to really ever tempt me was the Storm.

3. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

buy a bold same damn thing

4. SeanEE89 macrumors regular

wrong...the Tour is smaller, and does not offer wifi.

Stick with the iPhone or get a Bold though if you already have AT&T. I don't think the Tour would be worth switching networks for.

It is to similar to the Bold to make it a truly justifiable decision. Plus your bill will go up a little if I am not mistaken.

5. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Not if you switch to Sprint, in which case, it'll go down.

6. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Is that the same as the 8900?

My boss has an 8900 for about 8 months now. He had gone on a trip to Europe, bought an unlocked T-Mobile branded handset and is currently using it everywhere, including Miami, with his ATT SIM card.

Its pretty neat and has a sharp screen.

7. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Had the Bold, it was awesome except for the internet. 8900 sucks, no 3G. I'd pass on the Tour, it seems the same as the bold.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Keyboard = No deal

(I have other reasons, but why bother getting into them when I've got that reason right up front?)

And don't even get me started on the little wheel-button-joystick-selection thingie.

9. hsk macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Unless VZW or Sprint has better service, I would pick up a Bold too or wait a few months for the ATT version that will surely come out. IMO it would be hard to give up wifi.

10. mrtune macrumors 6502a

It think the tour is the 3G version of the 8900 that's on t-mobile. Also, the only reason it doesn't have wifi is because of verizon. They don't allow wifi on their devices. I believe they still cripple the gps in the phones too. On previous models, you couldn't use the gps for any map apps other than the verizon one which costs money every month.

Sometimes I wonder why people here would want the iPhone on verizon so bad. Apple would have to cripple it if they were to ever make a verizon version.

11. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I used one of those for the first time this weekend. I did NOT like having to press the screen down to do anything other than scroll. I didn't try to type out anything, but that has to be slow and annoying, especially if you're used to an iPhone. Not a bad attempt by RIM, but I wasn't really impressed. I'm also not a fan of the BlackBerry OS at all.

12. hsk macrumors regular

Actually, it is more of a cross between the 8900 and the Bold with the Storm's case. The size is just a hair bigger than the 8900, it has the Bold's keyboard and the case styling of the Storm.

13. thecellar macrumors regular

if you have a blackberry itch wait for the Onyx to come out, its supposedly the upgrade to the bold..i just got rid of the 8900 for att, blackberrys are great but iphone 3gs offers alot more amusement.

14. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Onyx is the size of the 8900 but IMO looks better and has 3G.

15. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I'm giving apple and AT&T a couple of more months with the iphone.. If my dropped calls don't get better with the new update I might be jumping ship. I know it could be the network or it could be this or that.. I'm tired of hearing all this crap.. I love the iphone but it does have it's share of problems that just won't go away.. With that being said apple is still doing a great job with it but if I'm not satisfied in the next couple of months I will either be getting a pre, or I will get this on AT&T

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...e-details/?device=Nokia+E71x&q_sku=sku3690297

James

16. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Go for it. Switch to BB Tour and get an iPod Touch 3rd Gen in the Fall.

I am waiting for HTC Hero.

17. thecellar macrumors regular

yeah , looks that way...has all the features,.... im a phone junky so ill give it some considerations when it comes out......