Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I work for a software company and support 3K Blackberrys and 1500 Iphones.
Do BB's nowadays come "stock" with a messenger that gets them onto AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc? I thought the only "stock" messenger was BlackBerry Messenger (which didn't do AIM, MSN, etc).

lavinci

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
Do BB's nowadays come "stock" with a messenger that gets them onto AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc? I thought the only "stock" messenger was BlackBerry Messenger (which didn't do AIM, MSN, etc).

Yeah when I got my 8900 from AT&T, it had AIM and a bunch of other IM clients in it already.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Yeah when I got my 8900 from AT&T, it had AIM and a bunch of other IM clients in it already.
Wonder if that's a carrier thing? I was looking at the VZW Tours we recently got at work, and they only have BB messenger?

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
I was reading about this and it says it works internationally, but would it cost extra to message someone in a different country? I'm guess because it uses data it would be like messaging on a computer.

Not that I'm aware of. I know it works fine in that regards. I text someone from South Africa often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.