Blackberrys that work with Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by matthewcap, Jan 17, 2008.

1. matthewcap macrumors member

just wondering if the blackberry pearl for verizon or any other blackberry device works with leopard to sync up contacts and other things

2. azdude macrumors 6502

3. Yzerguy19 macrumors newbie

I'd be in heaven if MS Mac Office 2008 (Entourage) would speak to Exchange Servers (with BES) via RPC/HTTP (hosted Exchange). So far I can't find out if MS made this part of Mac Office 2008, I watched almost all of the Keynote from Macworld 2008 and have been looking passively online, haven't found anything yet.

If you're only interested in synching your Blackberry with your Mac then the product mentioned in the first response looks like the way to go.

Cheers, Sean

4. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

5. RojoLeo macrumors 6502

This was a feature in even the last version of Mac Office. And if you're running BES, you should have wireless sync and not need any additional software.

6. Yzerguy19 macrumors newbie

Hmm, well, I'm new, so that's news to me. Was going on the word of a friend who works at EA mgmt, plus what I've read previously on the 'net, that Entourage (2004) can't speak to Exchange servers via RPC.

I'll look closer, albeit tomorrow (early meetings that have me getting my arse out of bed way too early), if you have links readily available, please let me know.

Cheers, Sean

7. RojoLeo macrumors 6502

I will say that it is not well documented, but my company provides hosted Exchange and hosted Blackberry services, which I administer, and I can confirm that Entourage 2004 does indeed work. It is a bitch to get going the first time, but it'll work, even with shared calendaring, address books, etc. We've got about 15 Entourage users on our service, half of which have Blackberries synced to our BES.

Good luck.

8. Yzerguy19 macrumors newbie

Many thx for the info. Sent you a PM to get it off the forums.

Cheers, Sean