Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean9689

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Guys,

First off, I searched for this and went back into early 2007 before I gave up. My question is simple: Does the Blackbook ship from Apple with (1) 1GB or (2) 512MB of RAM?

The reason I ask is because I just upgraded mine to 4GB (thanks to all those who contributed to this over time, you all made it very easy) and I only had (1) stick of RAM that came out.

Just curious, thanks!

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen
Guys,

First off, I searched for this and went back into early 2007 before I gave up. My question is simple: Does the Blackbook ship from Apple with (1) 1GB or (2) 512MB of RAM?

The reason I ask is because I just upgraded mine to 4GB (thanks to all those who contributed to this over time, you all made it very easy) and I only had (1) stick of RAM that came out.

Just curious, thanks!

Haven't opened mine up to look, but I've always understood the MB as shipping with two 512MB sticks.

Did you buy your BlackBook new, or was it a refurb? I know sometimes refurbished computers ship with a different configuration of RAM if the previous owner changed it around.

Sean9689

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Haven't opened mine up to look, but I've always understood the MB as shipping with two 512MB sticks.

Did you buy your BlackBook new, or was it a refurb? I know sometimes refurbished computers ship with a different configuration of RAM if the previous owner changed it around.

It was a refurb.
You think it's a 1GB stick? When I checked the system profiler, it said 1GB of RAM. :confused:

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen
It was a refurb.
You think it's a 1GB stick? When I checked the system profiler, it said 1GB of RAM. :confused:

It'll still run with 1 stick of RAM, so its a good bet that the RAM was 1GB.

Wonder why the previous owner replaced two with just one stick...? Oh well, we'll never know and it doesn't matter anyway as you're maxing it out. Congrats!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.