BlackBook 2.2Ghz Would You.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jdwingnut, Oct 10, 2008.

1. jdwingnut macrumors regular

I just picked up a refurb 2.2Ghz Black Macbook from the Apple store. It's supposed to be delivered sometime next week. I like the black case and I've owned a few Powerbooks and Macbook Pro's with the aluminum case.

This was purchased as a replacement for a Mac Mini I had been using in my home theater entertainment system. It would be used for this purpose and also double as a second computer in our house. I do like the notebook portability vs the desktop Mini.

I know the new machines are coming next week, but not sure what will be offered and when they will be available. I had also been holding out for an updated Mini, but would probably die from holding my breath on that one :eek:

I also know that when the Macbooks and Macbook Pro's are updated, all of Apple's "previous" inventory will drop in price. This also effects the price I paid and I'll get some money back (because my purchase is within 14 days of a price reduction). Not sure how much just yet.

Long store short. Black Macbook from Apple was $1049. I'm still kind of on the fence about this with the updates coming next week. I had Apple gift cards totaling $825 to replace my Mini with, which were used in this purchase. Looking for any thoughts, suggestions or comments about this purchase AND the Blackbook :D

Should also note, I sat on a new and sealed Mac Mini for almost 2 weeks before returning it to Apple. I will most likely sit on this one for a few days as well. At least until the new ones have been announced.

Thanks

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Interesting tactic. Don't you get charged the restock fee, even if it's unopened?

In either case, I think you'll be pretty happy with the blackbook.

3. jdwingnut thread starter macrumors regular

No, there is no restocking fee for an unopened product box.

An RMA does have to be requested within 14 calendar days of receiving the product, and it must be received by the warehouse within another 14 calender days of the RMA being issued. Otherwise, yes there is a 10% restocking fee :D

Thanks for the reply. I am mostly concerned at this point with any issues in regards to this particular model (Macbook Late 2007. Merom processor).

I have not seen many of these come up in the refurb store lately (white or black). Mostly the newer 2.4Ghz models. I can't say that I was overly thrilled with my Penryn MBP, so I sold it not long after getting it.

4. G5power macrumors 6502

That sounds like a reasonable strategy. You can calmly look over what is announced on Tuesday and look at the price points, also determine how much money back you might get and make your decision.