Blackbook Battery Issues, Suggestions?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Freewayjim, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Freewayjim macrumors regular

Freewayjim

I bought my 12 year old son a refurbished Blackbook a little over a month ago and we noticed at first he was getting poor battery life, just over an hour on the battery so I calibrated it and after a recent test he got to 2 hours with 9% remaining mainly playing games online (nothing intense), I'm going to calibrate it again tonight to see if that helps.

iStat Pro states that the battery health is 100% so I'm not sure what to think, shouldn't he get 3.5 - 4 hours from it?

If so, would you suggest I make an appointment to see a "genius" at the local Apple Store and what should I expect from that, or are there any tips or suggestions that I should try first.

Thanks for your help.

2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

There are a lot of online games that will quickly drain out the battery, are you able to get 4-5 hours not playing them?

3. Freewayjim thread starter macrumors regular

Freewayjim

I was not aware of that, and no he has not done anything but on-line games when unplugged so far since he's had it.

I might sit with it and do some NFL scoreboard watching with it and see what the results are, thanks for the idea.

4. StuBeck macrumors 6502

Expect about 3 hours with wifi turned on. Is the screen brightness turned all the way up and the wireless turned on? With istat how many cycles does the battery say it has? It might be a defective battery. With the calibration, you let it go down to sleep, waited 5 hours then charged the battery?

5. Freewayjim thread starter macrumors regular

Freewayjim

I tested the battery Sunday watching the NFL scores in real-time at sportsline.com and after 1:30 the battery was at 69% so it looks like MysticMage was right regarding on-line games draining the battery.

Thanks!