BlackBook Core Duo Replacement ctrl key

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iJawn108, Aug 17, 2008.

1. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

I was just typing today and the damn thing broke off on me, I don't need the white under mechanisms just the ctrl...

where would I acquire one? i've looked online and well... the prices were a bit ridiculous to me

thanks

2. doctor pangloss macrumors regular

Mac Junk

Mac JUNK strikes again.

Mac really needs to up their quality game.:mad::rolleyes:

3. iJawn108 thread starter macrumors 65816

iJawn108

You know... my cracked case... ok... but my key breaking off for nothing?

I dont even take my mac out of my house barely and when I do its in its case.

Anyways... no more bitching from me i just want a cheap sourse i can get a new ctrl key.

4. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

If they sell them, you probably have to go through Apple or find a broken one. I'm sure all the keys from those broken top cases have to go *somewhere*.

As for quality: this is what happens when you start pumping them out to meet demand. Though I think Apple needs to find a new producer in China or elsewhere, the iPhone, Macbook, and Nvidia fiascos can't be good for PR.

5. rolex54 macrumors 6502

go take one from the blackbook in the apple store :D
    or you could go to the genius bar and have them give you a hard time and then prolly charge you $10 for a 1 cent piece

6. iJawn108 thread starter macrumors 65816

iJawn108

Apple store is too far :(

i may contact apple about it, ill pay $10 for the damn thing but not $10 and $40 shipping like i found online

7. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

Yea, most online fix-it-yourself places also charge you roughly $10 for a key. I know iFixit and PowerBookMedic do

8. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Are you quite sure that the white scissor mechanism is ok - normally one of the 4 pins breaks off and that is why the cap won't go back on. Please check - just to make sure. If all you need is the scissors than I have loads lying about....

9. Hockeypuck macrumors regular

Try a local repair shop too, we have old top cases laying about just for this reason. We'll do it for free, your mileage may vary.