Blackbook + CS4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ForLovexOrMoney, Oct 24, 2008.

1. ForLovexOrMoney macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I was wondering if Adobe CS4 Photoshop and other programs (flash, Dreamweaver) Will work with no problem on my 2.2 GHz SR BlackBook?
    -Thanks.

2. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

I'm pretty sure they will work, but they won't be that fast since you have an intel GMA, which sucks serious monkey balls.

So, it'll work, just don't expect the greatest ;)

3. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

I'm in a similar situation - I want to run CS4 on a late 2008 white MacBook.
    I hope that by the end of next week I will have both the white MacBook and CS4 - then I can post how well it works.

@illegallydead

To what speed are you referring? Like moving windows around or when playing flash movies?

4. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I run Elements just fine on my first-gen BlackBook. But we're not talking about heavy editing, just relatively basic stuff.

FWIW.

5. EliVZ macrumors newbie

I am running CS4 D.P. on the exact same laptop (upgraded to 4gb RAM, which is cheap and easy). It runs fine...could be a bit faster, I suppose, but it's not bad. I mostly use Photoshop, with a bit of Id, Ai, and Fw now and then. I haven't tried working on huge photos so far, but 6mp photos are fine, actually much smoother than with CS3.

6. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

CS4 is the first version of Adobe Creative Suite that has taken proper advantage of the GPU. Software will run faster on computers with better graphics chips.

However, that doesn't mean it will run SLOWER than the old software, which performs just fine on a 2.2GHz MacBook.